Thursday, August 15, 2013

chicken recipes

Here's two easy chicken recipes.  I think the coconut-lime chicken works best with the skin on although I used skinless for both.  I asked the butcher to cut the backbone for me, at no extra charge and I put the whole thing gut side down on a cookie sheet lined with parchment.  The vegetables and apples were good too.   

 

For the Coconut lime, I used a pan with a rack as it instructs, but you could use a cookie sheet with the parchment too.  Just make sure it has sides.  I peeled the ginger and the garlic, sliced it a put it in my $10 electric chopper then dropped the bowl and blade in the dishwasher. (Love that thing.)  You could use dried garlic and ginger instead, just cut back the amounts accordingly.  Look at the bottles and see if they suggest an equivalent.  If not, I'd try 2 teaspoons of minced dried garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon of powdered ginger.  I used coconut palm sugar.  You could use agave.

 

Make it easier with chicken breasts.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment